Police Scanner, News, Editorials, Events, Paranormal,
Sports, Weather, Letters to the Editor, Reviews,
Advertisements, Jokes, Satire, Parody,
Whatever we feel like posting about…
We strongly recommend you doing your own research,
And forming your own opinions.
If you have any information, photos, videos,
Please email us at: RockfordScanner@gmail.com
Our opinion on what allegedly may have happened,
Based on the current information that has been provided to us.
Attention aviation fans:
Sources are reporting a few interesting aircraft at the Rockford Airport today
- A large Boeing 747-400 is expected to land just after 1 pm today.
- Reports of several L-39’s have been flying around the area
- Some United Airline aircraft have been spotted over at the AAR
- Other aircraft at the airport: Boeing 767’s, Airbus 320’s
- A newer United Airlines 737-900 is reported to be landing just after noon today.
- We have reports that there might be more than one 747-400 at the airport today!
Rockford Airport Frequencies:
Listen to the Rockford Airport: Click Here
- Tower: 118.100
- Approach/Departure East: 121.000
- Approach/Departure West: 126.000
- Ground: 121.900
- Emergency: 121.500
- Military Emergency: 243.0
- Military Approach/Departure: 327.0
- Cottonwood Airport UNICOM: 122.800
- ATIS: 127.6
- Unicom: 122.950
Plane Spotting At The Rockford Airport
Live Rockford Airport Traffic: Click Here
Disclaimer: PlaneSpot at your own risk!
Few rules to plane spotting!
#1 OBEY ALL THE LAWS
#2 Have FUN
#3 Don’t forget your CAMERA
#4 Share your video/photos with us at RockfordScanner@gmail.com
The Rockford Airport has one of the largest runways in the area.
Runway 7/25: 10,004 feet long and is 150 feet wide!
Which means any type of aircraft is able to land at the Rockford Airport!
The Rockford Airport hosts all different types of customers:
Passenger, Cargo, Military, Federal, Medical, Flight Training, International, etc…
So you just never know what you might see, keep those cameras handy!
The best and safest place to view the airplanes at the Rockford Airport is along Runway 25.
That is on the East end of the airport along Falcon rd.
They have a parking area that is just North of the Rockford Airport tower.
From this location you are off the roadway and in a parking area.
And it has a good viewing of the airport and an excellent spot to
watch the planes take off and arrive on Runway 25.
This should be your spot to go to, if you go plane spotting.
Runway 7 is the most popular arrival runway. Many aircraft use runway 7.
This is located along the south west side of the airport.
There is only really one spot here that is safe to park at.
So be very careful if you spot from this location.
You can watch the planes come in on the ILS arrivals.
Once the planes go over your head, you quickly lose sight of them.
There is a large hill on the airport property which is a part of the runway.
You will get an awesome view of them arriving, but you will not see them land.
This is another spot to view from. It is on the southside of the airport.
With the recent changes at the airport and expansions, the old spots to park, are now gone.
But there are a few spots to safely park at.
This is an excellent spot to watch the Runway 1 arrivals and takeoffs from.
It does have its limitations though.
You are able to see the AAR and Runway 1. Everything else you are not able to see.
We have been told the parking lot just South of the tower/maintenance
is a good spot to watch the arrivals and departures from for runway 1/19
Also to photograph the aircraft at the AAR.
Runway 19 is the worst place to spot from. It is on the north end of the airport.
They reconstructed the area and now there is a round-a-bout
where you used to be able to spot from.
I have noticed a few people parking in the business parking lots along Airport Drive.
If you happen to know of some places to spot from for runway 19, let us know!
The International terminal is located just West of the main terminal.
When you pull into the main parking lot, it is directly in front of you.
Whenever there are International flights, they park here.
A lot of jumbo jets are parked on the ramp, as you come into the main parking lot.
Photography Tip: This is the best spot to get close up photos of the jumbo jets!
AAR: The aircraft maintenance building.
Besides the International terminal.
This is the second best place to get some amazing aircraft photos!
I call this place, the “RRA”
Real Rockford Airshow.
Because the AAR has brought in some extremely rare aircraft at times.
And it truly is like an airshow all year round. I don’t know how much I can say.
But I can say this: You just never know what you might see…
UPS and Amazon: Located on the far West of the airfield.
A lot of the large cargo aircraft are parked on their ramps.
Mostly Boeing 757’s, 767’s and Airbus 300’s and at times you can spot a Tri-jet…
Planespotting notes: Metro Security does patrol the property. And they will stop anyone to investigate them.
That is their job duty, patrolling the airport. Every encounter I have had with them, has been positive.
They understand the community likes to watch airplanes land and takeoff. And they leave you be.
As much as we hate asking for donations.
Sadly, it does cost money to run RS.
Dedicated server, Domain, Maintenance, Time, etc…
Every penny helps!
Donate via debit or credit card:
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Officials have not yet released any information:
- To confirm anything (Nothing is confirmed),
- On the incident (What happened?),
- Possible alleged suspects, (Who may be involved?)
- If there is a possible threat to the community (Community in danger?),
- Who to possibly be on the lookout for, (Who to be on the lookout for?)
- If they do, we will update this.
If no updates, officials have not released any information that we are aware of.
See it, Snap it, Send it
- SEE IT: See a scene or something of interest
- SNAP IT: Pull our your camera and film
- SEND IT: RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
Rockford Scanner Fan Submissions
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Get one of the best
Police scanner on the market!
Our personal opinions on various topics.
- Our content is for entertainment purposes only.
- Informative entertainment.
- All the information posted is our own personal opinions.
- Our opinions on what allegedly may have possibly have happened.
Based on the information that was currently provided to us, at the time of posting it.
- We strongly recommend you doing your own research, and forming your own opinion.
- We are protected by the 1st amendment.
- Everyone is innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can not guarantee the accuracy of our content.
Information is very dynamic and may change.
- You must read and agree to our terms.
If you do not agree with our terms, please leave now.
- If you know of any corrections, please contact us right away.
Our information is for entertainment purposes only. Because of this, We can not guarantee the accuracy of our information. If you know of any errors, please contact us at RockfordScanner@gmail.com and please provide us with the proof of the correction. We strive for accuracy. But, the information is always dynamic and changes often with our type of content. Because of this, We do apologize ahead of time if there are any errors. So, Please let us know of any updates or errors! We are protected under the first amendment.
Disclaimer and Terms: CLICK HERE