News, Editorials, Events, Paranormal,
Sports, Weather, Letters to the Editor, Reviews, Opinions,
Police Scanner, Advertisements, Humor, Jokes, Satire, Parody,
Whatever we feel like posting about…
We strongly recommend you doing your own research,
And forming your own opinions.
Facts: Simple communication and transparency
WOULD eliminate any misinformation or exaggerations
Our opinion on what allegedly may have happened,
Based on the information that has currently been provided to us.
Any Errors/Corrections, Please Contact Us: RockfordScanner@gmail.com
Winnebago County Police Encryption
Severe lack of transparency:
- Numerous Freedom of Information Act denials
- Numerous department policies violations
- Multiple officers hurt or killed, AFTER encryption
- Many criminals were caught BEFORE encryption
BEFORE Encryption :
- ON Duty (December 31, 1980): Randall Blank
Rockford Police Department, Illinois
End of Watch Wednesday, December 31, 1980
RANDALL A. BLANK
Patrol Officer Randall Blank was shot and killed during a foot chase.
Officer Blank had responded to a local bar for a report of a purse snatching. When he arrived, he engaged the suspect in a foot pursuit which resulted in a struggle. During the struggle the suspect was able to gain control of Officer Blank’s service weapon and shot him in the head.
The suspect was apprehended a short time later by responding units.
Officer Blank had served with the Rockford Police Department for 10 months and had previously served with the Freeport Police Department for 1-½ years (Officer Randall Blank)
- OFF Duty (August 3rd 2001): Detective Rice
KEVIN DARRELL RICE, SR.
Detective Kevin Rice was shot and killed while investigating suspicious activity in his sister’s neighborhood while he was off duty.
He was returning from his new home, which was under construction, to his sister’s home at approximately 1:30 am when he observed two suspicious men. He turned his vehicle around and drove up to them to investigate what they were doing. One of the men immediately pulled out a .380 semi-automatic handgun and shot Detective Rice six times in the chest. He was found with his foot still on the brake pedal.
A 19-year-old gang member was apprehended the next day. He had just been released from custody four months earlier for a murder he committed when he was 12-years-old. He was later convicted of murder and sentenced to 60 years in prison.
Detective Rice had served with the Rockford Police Department for 14 years and was assigned to the Gang Unit. He was survived by his wife and three children. (Detective Kevin Rice)
- September 2017: Two men shoot at a Winnebago County Sheriff Office Deputy on South Main.
Jordan Spates was charged in the shooting.
- Jaimie Cox
JAIMIE JOSEPH ALAN COX
Patrol Officer Jaimie Cox was killed during a traffic stop near the intersection of East State Street and Dawn Avenue at approximately 1:00 am.
The vehicle attempted to flee during the incident and dragged Officer Cox before crashing two blocks North of the initial incident. Despite suffering critical injuries, Officer Cox was able to call for assistance. Responding officers found him on the ground near the crash scene. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The driver of the vehicle that fled was found deceased in the vehicle from a gunshot fired by Officer Cox.
Officer Cox had served with the Rockford Police Department for one year and had previously served with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources – Division of Law Enforcement. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army National Guard, serving from 2004 to 2010. He was part of an Army National Guard contingent deployed from 2008 to 2009 to Nangarhar province in Afghanistan and received honors including the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge. He was also awarded the Illinois National Guard Abraham Lincoln Medal of Freedom Ribbon. (Officer Cox)
- March 7, 2019: Floyd Brown Kills Deputy Sheriff Jacob Howard Keltner at a local hotel
Deputy Sheriff Jacob Keltner was shot and killed as he and other members of the Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force attempted to serve an arrest warrant in Rockford, Illinois.
The task force located the subject at a hotel at 747 North Bell School Road. They were attempting to arrest the man at 9:15 a.m. when he opened fire with a rifle, striking a woman who was staying with him. The man then exited the room and opened fire on officers who were outside, striking Officer Keltner.
The man then fled from the hotel and led officers on a pursuit that lasted over 150 miles. The vehicle became disabled on I-55 near Lincoln, and the subject was taken into custody after barricading himself inside of it for several hours.
Deputy Keltner was transported to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his wounds approximately six hours after being shot.
The subject was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 55 years.
Deputy Keltner had served with the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office for 13 years. He is survived by his wife, two young children, his father and brother, who both work in DuPage County law enforcement, and other family members. (Keltner)
- September 16th 2021: EQONN RICKS shoots an officer sitting at Behr
October 21st, 2021: Three suspects shoot at Rockford officers near Grant and Reynolds
(Christopher Stucke, Maurice Citchen, Jade Carter)
How is encryption FOR OFFICER SAFETY,
When Multiple officers have been killed and injured AFTER encryption???
Motorola Donates To the Sheriff Gary Caruana Election Campaign
AFTER Winnebago County encrypted…
Freedom Of Information Act Requests:
We requested Freedom of Information Act requests from multiple departments.
* Asking for records on criminals using a police scanner to aid in a crime.
* And how a criminal used information they heard over the air, in nefarious ways.
And each and every one of them came back: “NO SUCH RECORDS EXISTS”
As much as we hate asking for donations.
Sadly, it does cost money to run RS.
Dedicated server, Domain, Maintenance, Time, etc…
Every penny helps!
Donate via debit or credit card:
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Officials have not yet released any information:
- To confirm anything (Nothing is confirmed),
- On the incident (What happened?),
- Possible alleged suspects, (Who may be involved?),
- If there is a possible threat to the community (Community in danger?),
- Who to possibly be on the lookout for, (Who to be on the lookout for?),
- If they do release information, we will update this.
If there are no updates, officials have not released any information that we are aware of.
See it, Snap it, Send it
- SEE IT: See a scene or something of interest
- SNAP IT: Pull our your camera and film
- SEND IT: RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
Rockford Scanner Fan Submissions
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Checkout one of the best
Police scanner on the market!
Our personal opinions on various topics.
- Our content is for entertainment purposes only.
- Informative entertainment.
- All the information posted is our own personal opinions.
- Our opinions on what allegedly may have possibly have happened.
Based on the information that was currently provided to us, at the time of posting it.
- We strongly recommend you doing your own research, and forming your own opinion.
- We are protected by the 1st amendment.
- Everyone is innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can not guarantee the accuracy of our content.
Information is very dynamic and may change.
- If you know of any corrections, please contact us right away.
- You must read and agree to our terms.
If you do not agree with our terms, please leave now.
Our information is for entertainment purposes only. Because of this, We can not guarantee the accuracy of our information. If you know of any errors, please contact us at RockfordScanner@gmail.com and please provide us with the proof of the correction. We strive for accuracy. But, the information is always dynamic and changes often with our type of content. Because of this, We do apologize ahead of time if there are any errors. So, Please let us know of any updates or errors! We are protected under the first amendment.
Disclaimer and Terms: CLICK HERE