Rockford Man Charged with Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
ROCKFORD, Ill. – On Thursday, July 29, 2021, Rockford Police officers were advised of a
subject who was in possession of suspected child pornography.
The Rockford Police Department’s Sensitive Crimes Unit conducted a follow-up
investigation into the incident and identified the female victim, who is under the age of
17. During the course of the investigation, it was learned she was sexually abused by the
suspect. The suspect was identified as 28-year-old Anthony Bahena. The victim and
suspect were known to each other.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the case and authorized the
below-listed charges against Bahena. On Wednesday, August 11, 2021, Bahena was
taken into custody and lodged in the Winnebago County Jail.
Anthony Bahena, 28, Rockford Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
Possession of Child Pornography
The charges against Bahena are merely accusations. He is considered innocent unless
proven guilty in a court of law.
If you have any information regarding these incidents, please contact the Rockford Police
Department at 815-966-2900,
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.