Police Scanner, News, Editorials, Events, Paranormal,
Sports, Weather, Letters to the Editor, Reviews,
Advertisements, Jokes, Satire, Parody,
Whatever we feel like posting about…
We strongly recommend you doing your own research,
And forming your own opinions.
If you have any information, photos, videos,
Please email us at: RockfordScanner@gmail.com
Our opinion on what allegedly may have happened,
Based on the current information that has been provided to us.
U.S. EPA Begins Cleanup of Nelson Knitting Site
ROCKFORD, Ill. – This week, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency began cleanup of a former sock-knitting mill at 909 S. Main St. EPA anticipates the cleanup of asbestos-contaminated debris and other hazardous waste will be completed by mid-March.
The Nelson Knitting site was referred to EPA for cleanup by Illinois EPA in July 2020, due to the presence of asbestos. Access restrictions limited EPA’s ability to start the cleanup until now. The City condemned the building; however, trespassers have continued to enter. The City and EPA have found evidence of scrapped building materials and asbestos debris on the floor. People entering the building are exposed to this material and risk transporting asbestos fibers off-site on their clothes and shoes.
During the cleanup, EPA will remove asbestos-containing material at the property.
The cleanup also involves:
- Transport and disposal of the asbestos-contaminated waste at an approved facility.
- Following a safety plan, including air monitoring and dust control, to protect the health of workers and the public.
- Removal of hazardous materials found within the building, including PCB-containing light fixtures, lead-acid batteries, miscellaneous chemicals, mercury switches, and fluorescent light tubes.
Cleanup is anticipated to occur only inside the building.
After EPA’s cleanup is complete, the Winnebago County Trustee will pursue demolition or potential redevelopment.
As much as we hate asking for donations.
Sadly, it does cost money to run RS.
Dedicated server, Domain, Maintenance, Time, etc…
Every penny helps!
Donate via debit or credit card:
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Officials have not yet released any information:
- To confirm anything (Nothing is confirmed),
- On the incident (What happened?),
- Possible alleged suspects, (Who may be involved?)
- If there is a possible threat to the community (Community in danger?),
- Who to possibly be on the lookout for, (Who to be on the lookout for?)
- If they do, we will update this.
If no updates, officials have not released any information that we are aware of.
See it, Snap it, Send it
- SEE IT: See a scene or something of interest
- SNAP IT: Pull our your camera and film
- SEND IT: RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
Rockford Scanner Fan Submissions
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Get one of the best
Police scanner on the market!
Our personal opinions on various topics.
- Our content is for entertainment purposes only.
- Informative entertainment.
- All the information posted is our own personal opinions.
- Our opinions on what allegedly may have possibly have happened.
Based on the information that was currently provided to us, at the time of posting it.
- We strongly recommend you doing your own research, and forming your own opinion.
- We are protected by the 1st amendment.
- Everyone is innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can not guarantee the accuracy of our content.
Information is very dynamic and may change.
- You must read and agree to our terms.
If you do not agree with our terms, please leave now.
- If you know of any corrections, please contact us right away.
Our information is for entertainment purposes only. Because of this, We can not guarantee the accuracy of our information. If you know of any errors, please contact us at RockfordScanner@gmail.com and please provide us with the proof of the correction. We strive for accuracy. But, the information is always dynamic and changes often with our type of content. Because of this, We do apologize ahead of time if there are any errors. So, Please let us know of any updates or errors! We are protected under the first amendment.
Disclaimer and Terms: CLICK HERE