Police Scanner, News, Editorials, Events, Paranormal,
Sports, Weather, Letters to the Editor, Reviews,
Advertisements, Jokes, Satire, Parody,
Whatever we feel like posting about…
We strongly recommend you doing your own research,
And forming your own opinions.
If you have any information, photos, videos,
Please email us at: RockfordScanner@gmail.com
Our opinion on what allegedly may have happened,
Based on the current information that has been provided to us.
PREEMPTIVE Declaration Snow Emergency Effective 1-28-23
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARATION – ODD / EVEN PARKING ORDINANCE
Due to anticipated weather conditions this upcoming weekend, the Director of Public Works
has declared a “Snow Emergency” for the City of Rockford as specified below. Enforcement
teams will be deployed to ticket offenders.
Effective: Saturday, January 28, 2023, 8:00AM
Parking: Even Addressed Side of Streets
Contractors are on standby and will begin plowing residential streets when snow accumulation
reaches approximately 2 inches in depth.
The odd/even parking will be in effect until the public works department deems it is no longer
necessary. Updates to the snow emergency will be provided at appropriate times throughout the
remainder of the storm.
WHAT DOES THE ODD/EVEN PARKING MEAN TO ME?
In order for our crews to remove snow and ice from city streets, we must have the ability to safely and
effectively maneuver a plow up and down our streets. If a snow or ice storm reaches the point that
streets are becoming difficult to clear, city officials can declare a Snow Emergency.
A Snow Emergency requires that vehicles be parked on the odd side of the street when the date ends in
an odd number and on the even side of the street when the date ends on an even number. For example,
on January 5th, you would park on the odd side of the street. If the snow emergency carries into the
next day, at 8:00 AM your car should be moved to the even side of the street.
Police will issue parking tickets at the cost of $63.00 to vehicles that are parked on the wrong side of the
street. It’s safe to assume that if it’s snowing the Odd/Even Parking is in effect.
The residential area between 20th St. west to Kishwaukee St., Harrison Avenue north to Rural St. has
been problematic for the City Crews to plow during past storms, due to vehicles parked on both sides of
the street. We would encourage citizens in this area to move their vehicles either off the street or to the
appropriate side of the street as specified by the odd/even parking.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
• If your street is marked as “No Parking” on one side of the street, the Snow Emergency Declaration
allows you to park legally in the restricted area during the time that the Snow Emergency Declaration is
• Do not assume that you can move your car when the street is plowed. Your car must remain parked
appropriately until after the Snow Emergency has been lifted.
• All vehicles must be moved to the correct side of the street at 8:00 a.m.
• The City of Rockford or its contractors are not responsible for plowing alley ways.
As much as we hate asking for donations.
Sadly, it does cost money to run RS.
Dedicated server, Domain, Maintenance, Time, etc…
Every penny helps!
Donate via debit or credit card:
Thank you in advance for your donation!
See it, Snap it, Send it
- SEE IT: See a scene or something of interest
- SNAP IT: Pull our your camera and film
- SEND IT: RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
Rockford Scanner Fan Submissions
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Thank you in advance for your donation!
Get one of the best
Police scanner on the market!
Our personal opinions on various topics.
- Our content is for entertainment purposes only.
- Informative entertainment.
- All the information posted is our own personal opinions.
- Our opinions on what allegedly may have possibly have happened.
Based on the information that was currently provided to us, at the time of posting it.
- We strongly recommend you doing your own research, and forming your own opinion.
- We are protected by the 1st amendment.
- Everyone is innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can not guarantee the accuracy of our content.
Information is very dynamic and may change.
- You must read and agree to our terms.
If you do not agree with our terms, please leave now.
- If you know of any corrections, please contact us right away.
Our information is for entertainment purposes only. Because of this, We can not guarantee the accuracy of our information. If you know of any errors, please contact us at RockfordScanner@gmail.com and please provide us with the proof of the correction. We strive for accuracy. But, the information is always dynamic and changes often with our type of content. Because of this, We do apologize ahead of time if there are any errors. So, Please let us know of any updates or errors! We are protected under the first amendment.
Disclaimer and Terms: CLICK HERE