The Street Division completed sweeping the Arterial Routes and mini islands last week, and sweeping of the Residential routes began on Monday, September 13, 2021.
During the week beginning September 13, 2021, the following residential areas are scheduled for sweeping:
City Limits east to the River – Halsted north to City Limits
N. Alpine east to N. Mulford – Spring Creek Rd. north to E. Riverside
N. Mulford east to City Limits – Spring Creek/Perry Creek north to E. Riverside
Every Thursday throughout the rest of the residential sweeping season, weekly updates will be provided to highlight the residential areas of the city where street sweepers will be working. Beginning next Thursday, maps will also be included to provide a visual of areas completed, not completed and those in progress.
All Street Division Operations are dependent on existing weather conditions and are subject to change accordingly. Citizens are urged to approach Public Works Crews with caution and at a reduced speed that is below posted speed limits.
The City of Rockford appreciates your continued patience and cooperation as we perform our Street Maintenance Activities.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.