First and foremost: Thank you RPD for the transparency
ARMED ROBBERY: On Saturday, September 11, 2021, at approximately 12:39 a.m.,
Rockford Police officers responded a residence in the 500 block of 14th Street for a report of an armed robbery.
Upon arrival, officers met with the victim, a 19-year-old male, who advised that as they were standing in a group in the front yard of the residence, three suspects approached them and demanded money and personal property.
The victim’s wallet and car were stolen. One of the suspects fled in the stolen vehicle while the other two fled on foot.
One of the suspects was located a short time later and officers also located and recovered a loaded handgun.
The suspect, a 16-year-old male, was taken into custody and lodged in Juvenile Detention.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and authorized the charges listed below.
Juvenile, 16, Rockford
Aggravated Robbery , Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Theft
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.