Freeport, IL. – Arrest warrants obtained for suspect in two (2) Freeport robberies.
On Monday August 2nd, 2021, the Freeport Police Department obtained two (2) Aggravated Robbery arrest warrants for Joseph S. Williams Jr. (age 19) of Biloxi Mississippi.
Joseph Williams Jr. will be served both arrest warrants after arrangements are made to transport him to the Stephenson County Courthouse. Joseph Williams Jr. has been in the custody of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office since July 29th, 2021, where he is being held on a charge of Armed Robbery.
One of the arrest warrants that was obtained today was the result of an investigation into an Armed Robbery that occurred on 7-11-21 at the Shell Express gas station located at 1736 S. West Avenue in Freeport. The other arrest warrant that was obtained was the result of an investigation into an Armed Robbery that occurred on 7-19-21 at the Super 8 Motel located at 1551 S. Sleezer Home Road in Freeport.
In both of these cases it is alleged that cash was stolen at gunpoint.
The bond amount set on both arrest warrants is $150,000 – 10% applies.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial at which time the government has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.