The Street Division began sweeping the Arterial Routes and mini islands this past Monday, August 30, 2021.
As Arterial Routes are completed, crews will transition into Residential route sweeping.
This should begin on or around Monday, September 13, 2021.
Each Thursday throughout the residential sweeping season, weekly updates will be provided to highlight the residential areas of the city where street sweepers will be working.
Maps will also be included to provide a visual of areas completed, not completed and those in progress.
All Street Division Operations are dependent on existing weather conditions and are subject to change accordingly.
Citizens are urged to approach Public Works Crews with caution and at a reduced speed that is below posted speed limits.
The City of Rockford appreciates your continued patience and cooperation as we perform our Street Maintenance Activities.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.