The incident began in the 100 block of E Madison when the alleged subject 29 year old Kyle Martin allegedly stole a Belvidere police squad.
He then allegedly crashed the police squad into a tree in the area of Garden Prairie and Lawrenceville.
Police have confirmed one person was transported to a Rockford Hospital.
No fatalities were being reported.
Police are investigating and charges may be pending according to police.
We reached out to officials. They couldn’t say much at this time.
But they have confirmed:
- 29 year old Kyle Martin of Lakewood was the alleged driver.
- Belvidere City Police squad was involved in an accident near Lawrenceville and Garden Prairie.
- And that a driver was transported to a Rockford hospital.
- No fatalities.
- The police squad was stolen in the 100 block of E Madison.
- The driver crashed the squad into a tree.
If officials release information, we will update this.
We can confirm the following: Scene at Lawrenceville and Garden Prairie, Police squad needs towing, And police are working a fatal scene in Boone County (Unknown if it is this scene or a different scene)
All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law. We can only provide information that IS provided to us. As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent. Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors. Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page. You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.