On August 5, 2021, at approximately 10:54 pm., officers from the DeKalb Police Department immediately responded to the 1100 block of West Lincoln Hwy. in reference to someone shooting a gun in the parking lot.
Upon the officers’ arrival, they located a vehicle that crashed into a concrete retaining wall. The driver of the vehicle was found to have been shot. Officers performed life saving measures until the DeKalb Fire Department arrived on scene. The driver was transported to Northwestern Kishwaukee Community Hospital where he was later pronounced deceased.
Investigators learned that the decedent pulled into the parking lot with friends when two males exited the car and approached Princeston Mack.
The decedent threatened Mack as Mack attempted to retreat.
As Mack was walking backwards away from the decedent, the decedent stated that he was going to rob Mack. The decedent pulled out a gun and threatened Mack.
Mack who was also armed with a gun, began shooting at the decedent. The decedent ran back to his car and attempted to drive away when he crashed into the retaining wall.
Investigators obtained a search warrant to search Mack’s residence and a warrant for his arrest. At approximately 10:55 am., Princeston Mack was taken into custody without incident in the parking lot of 1100 W. Lincoln Hwy.
The decedent’s name is not being released at this time. The decedent is 21 years of age and resided in Aurora, Illinois. Investigators recovered the gun used by the decedent and the gun believed to have been fired by Mack.
This is an ongoing investigation. Charges are pending.
Princeston Mack is being held at the DeKalb County Jail.
The DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, Northern Illinois University Police Department, DeKalb Fire Department, DeKalb County States Attorney’s Office, and the DeKalb County Coroner all assisted in this investigation.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.