Storm Damages, contact Lask!
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH
ISSUED: 3:48 PM AUG. 10, 2021 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH
420 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM CDT
IN ILLINOIS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 14 COUNTIES
IN NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS
BOONE DE KALB LA SALLE
LEE OGLE WINNEBAGO
IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS
COOK DUPAGE GRUNDY
KANE KENDALL LAKE IL
THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF ALGONQUIN, AURORA, BELVIDERE,
BOLINGBROOK, BUFFALO GROVE, BYRON, CAROL STREAM, CHICAGO,
COAL CITY, CRYSTAL LAKE, DEKALB, DIXON, DOWNERS GROVE, ELGIN,
EVANSTON, GURNEE, JOLIET, LA SALLE, LEMONT, LOMBARD, MARSEILLES,
MCHENRY, MENDOTA, MINOOKA, MORRIS, MUNDELEIN, NAPERVILLE,
OAK LAWN, OREGON, ORLAND PARK, OSWEGO, OTTAWA, PARK FOREST,
PLANO, ROCHELLE, ROCKFORD, SCHAUMBURG, STREATOR, SYCAMORE,
WAUKEGAN, WHEATON, WILMINGTON, WOODSTOCK, AND YORKVILLE.
ISSUED: 3:07 PM AUG. 10, 2021 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
…HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT /8 PM EDT/ THIS
…HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON CDT /1 PM EDT/ TO 7 PM CDT
/8 PM EDT/ WEDNESDAY…
* WHAT…For the first Heat Advisory, heat index values up to 110.
For the second Heat Advisory, heat index values up to around 105
* WHERE…North central Illinois, northeast Illinois, and
* WHEN…For the first Heat Advisory, until 7 PM CDT /8 PM EDT/
this evening. For the second Heat Advisory, from noon CDT /1
PM EDT/ to 7 PM CDT /8 PM EDT/ Wednesday.
* IMPACTS…Hot temperatures and high humidity will cause heat
illnesses to occur in fewer than 30 minutes when in direct
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.