Severe Thunderstorm Warning, Just To Our South…
Email us your weather photo/videos to
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service Chicago/Romeoville
644 PM CDT Mon Oct 11 2021
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for…
Northern La Salle County in north central Illinois…
Eastern Lee County in north central Illinois…
Eastern Ogle County in north central Illinois…
De Kalb County in north central Illinois…
* Until 745 PM CDT.
* At 643 PM CDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line
extending from near Sublette to near Mendota to near Ottawa, moving
north at 35 mph.
HAZARD…60 mph wind gusts.
IMPACT…Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.
* Locations impacted include…
DeKalb, Ottawa, Peru, La Salle, Rochelle, Sandwich, Mendota, Byron,
Oregon, Amboy, Sheridan, Shabbona, Lake Holiday, Cortland, Oglesby,
Davis Junction, Hinckley, Somonauk, Earlville and Waterman.
Including the following interstates…
I-39 between mile markers 55 and 111.
I-80 between mile markers 74 and 94.
I-88 between mile markers 62 and 95.
This includes… Northern Illinois University, Sandwich Fairgrounds,
Buffalo Rock State Park, Lee County Fairgrounds, Matthiessen State
Park, Starved Rock State Park, and Tri-County Fairgrounds.
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of
a building. A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 900 PM CDT for
north central and northeastern Illinois.
LAT…LON 4216 8931 4206 8881 4179 8860 4162 8860
4112 8892 4139 8917 4158 8917 4159 8935
TIME…MOT…LOC 2343Z 197DEG 32KT 4170 8922 4158 8908 4138 8887
HAIL THREAT…RADAR INDICATED
MAX HAIL SIZE…<.75 IN
WIND THREAT…RADAR INDICATED
MAX WIND GUST…60 MPH
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.