Video by RS sources
Several sources were reporting a scene at Showplace 16.
It happened Friday evening at Showplace 16.
Several emergency personnel from multiple jurisdictions responded to reports of a possible shooting.
After arriving and investigating, they determined the shooting reports were false.
RPD released the following:
There is a large police presence at Showplace 16 for what was ultimately a false report of a shooting.
There is no danger to the public and normal operations have resumed.
RS note: We did a live video from the scene.
At the time of the live video, RPD had not released any information and reports of what allegedly happened were all over the place.
Update from RPD:
On Friday, October 15, 2021, at approximately 8:30 p.m., Rockford Police responded to Showplace 16 (8301 E. State Street) regarding multiple calls for a subject with a gun, a shooting, and a fight. Upon arrival, officers were advised that a fight had occurred between two groups of juveniles and during the altercation, an adult male was knocked down. Officers were also advised that as the crowd was rushing around, someone yelled out, “gun”! Officers cleared the theater to ensure that there were no shooting or fight victims and assisted in clearing out some of the juveniles from the premises. No arrests have been made at the time of this release. This incident is currently under investigation and if you have any information regarding this incident or others, please contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.