Rockford Police is investigating a traffic accident at School Street and Oakley.
14-year-old male pedestrian was struck and sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Driver remained at the scene.
Please avoid the area
At approximately 7:55 this evening emergency personnel were called to the area of School Street and Oakley Avenue in Rockford for reports a vehicle hit a pedestrian.
Then shortly after that call emergency personnel were called to School Street and Central Avenue for reports of the possible alleged driver of vehicle involved in hitting the pedestrian needing medical attention after a physical altercation involved with the accident.
The pedestrian hit is reported to be a teenager.
The teenager hit was transported to a local hospital by ambulance with very serious injuries.
The driver of the alleged vehicle involved, a adult male, was also transported by ambulance to a local hospital for injuries received from the physical altercation.
We will update when we receive further information.
Please avoid the area at this time.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.