Update: We are getting more info about the violent home invasion in Rockford. We were told that the innocent victim was inside his home when a suspect kicked in his door, violently beat the victim, robbed the victim and then shot the victim in his own home, then fled.
Obviously nothing is not confirmed, due to police have not yet released any info on this.
Sources are reporting a violent home invasion in the 800 block of 11th Street in Rockford that happened between 8:00 – 9:00 this evening.
Heavy police presence is being reported.
Details are still developing but so far it has been reported to us that a male in his late 50s or in his 60s was seriously injured by gunshots during this home invasion and he had to be transported to a local hospital via ambulance.
We also have a description of the alleged assailant who fled the scene of the home invasion.
Sources are reporting that the suspect is a black male possibly in his twenties, 6’ tall, wearing a surgical/medical mask, black hoodie and sweatpants and he was armed with a semi automatic handgun with a “extended magazine.”
Please avoid the area at this time.
We will update when we receive more information.
Officials Confirm Anything or Release Information: No, Not at this time.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
- If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.