To build the world’s largest environmental movement to drive transformative change for people and planet.
Earth Day Network’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, Earth Day Network is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 75,000 partners in over 190 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
Earth Day 2020 is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. Celebrations will include activities such as the Great Global CleanUp, Citizen Science, Advocacy, Education, and art.
This year Theme for Earth Day 2020 is “climate action”.
COVID-19 has shifted the global emphasis to Digital Mobilizations. Individual activities such as education and cleanups are encouraged where local conditions permit. “At Earth Day Network, the health and safety of volunteers and participants in Earth Day events is our top concern. Amid the recent outbreak, we encourage people to rise up but to do so safely and responsibly — in many cases, that means using our voices to drive action online rather than in person,” said Kathleen Rogers, President of Earth Day Network
Earth Day will educate and mobilize more than one billion people to grow and support the next generation of environmental activists. It’s time to reimagine what we can collectively do for our global environment with activities and events.
The five components:
- Citizen Science: Earth Day is leveraging Citizen Science and emerging technologies to engage one million global citizens in the 50th anniversary “Earth Challenge 2020,” collecting one billion data points to measure air quality, water quality, pollution and human health. This initiative is being developed in association with dozens of major partners in the science and health communities as well as leading technology companies.
- Advocacy: The time is now to mobilize and take action to save our planet. Earth Day will amplify direct links between technological innovation and inclusive climate prosperity, two signature themes we will be emphasizing around the world as we build towards the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day in 2020. Earth Day is creating millions of avenues for civic engagement in all 190 countries around the world and working with global decision-makers, including policy makers, local, regional and national governments and corporate sector leaders, to reach a diverse network of citizens around the world.
- Volunteering: Earth Day is engaging volunteers across the globe for a month-long worldwide volunteer-driven program, “The Great Global Cleanup” and starting with cleanups for Earth Day 2019. We expect 100 million people participating in public events, as well as one billion others — including K-12 students around the world — to remove billions of pieces of trash from our neighborhoods, beaches, and parks. EDN is also working with partners to plant 7.8 billion trees, one for every human who will live on the planet in 2020. Combined, these volunteer activities will be the largest volunteer event in history
- Education: Earth Day is building environmental and climate literacy worldwide. EDN will continue to work with teachers, students, innovators and thought leaders to educate and activate a new generation of environmental leaders around the world.
- Events: Earth Day is now recognized worldwide as the planet’s most significant civic engagement event each year. The 50th anniversary of Earth Day will be marked by tens of thousands of rallies and community events in every country in the world, and large-scale signature events to take place in Washington, D.C., and other global capitals.
- Artists for the Earth: As Earth Day reaches its milestone 50th Anniversary in April 2020, nature and the environment are faced with enormous challenges from loss of biodiversity, pollution, degradation of our ecosystems, and climate change. Art must join with science to personalize climate change and disseminate it to a wider audience
Source: Wikipedia & Earthday.org
If you have information on this, you can contact us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
We will keep you anonymous.
If you do not want to contact the police directly, you can contact us and we will relay your information to the proper agencies if needed, and keep you anonymous. http://rockfordscanner.com/contact-us/
Disclaimer: As you know the local police have encrypted, have not released any information, etc…
They rarely ever do release information to the public, since encrypting. So do not expect any updates.
The information that is posted was provided to us via various sources. So we can not guarantee the accuracy of this article.
We can only provide you the information that IS provided to us. If police and/or officials do release information, we will try to update this.
If you know of any corrections or errors, please contact us.
This is for entertainment purposes only.