Update from the NWS on this weeks forecast.
Strong Arctic high pressure will move over the area tonight, bringing mostly clear skies, light winds and very cold temperatures, especially across interior northern Illinois where sub-zero lows are in store. While the light winds will mean thankfully not much of a wind chill effect through the Tuesday morning commute, remember to dress in layers and cover extremities when spending time outdoors. Winds will pick up from the south Tuesday afternoon and evening, with gusts up to 30-35 mph, along with temperatures moderating back to the upper 20s to mid 30s.
A series of fast moving clipper type systems look to affect the region into the weekend. While a narrower swath of light snow accumulation is possible Wednesday night into Thursday, there is a stronger signal for the Friday system to produce more widespread snow accumulations of a few to several inches and associated travel impacts. Stay tuned for the latest updates!
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Nothing is confirmed, unless it is stated otherwise. We try to confirm as much info as possible, before posting.
But due to the encryption and the lack of police transparency, it is extremely hard to get anything confirmed these days.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below. And you must agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.