The Rockford Police Department received complaints from citizens about drug sales in and around the hotel in the 600 block of East State Street.
These complaints specifically referenced an “open air drug market” in front of the hotel and on 4th Street.
On Monday, Rockford Detectives, along with uniformed officers, conducted an operation to identify and arrest those suspects selling or buying drugs. Over the course of a couple hours, these officers made several arrests.
Officers found and recovered crack cocaine, a loaded handgun, money and seized three vehicles, according to the Rockford Police Department.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorneys office reviewed the cases and authorized the following charges:
Jamar Money, 34 of Rockford was charged with armed habitual criminal, unlawful use of a firearm by a felon and possession with intent to deliver cocaine.
Ricky McGhee, 59 of Rockford, was charged with possession of cocaine.
Charles Stephens, 40 of Rockford, was charged with possession of heroin.
Louis Murphy, 70 of Rockford, was charged with possession of cocaine.
Officials Confirm Anything or Release Information: Police Released This Information
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
- If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.