On 01/10/22 at approximately 1646 hours, Ogle County Deputies were dispatched to a driving complaint of a white U-Haul truck traveling westbound on IL Rte 64 from Woodlawn Road.
A short time later, it was reported the U-Haul struck a white Jeep causing injuries. After investigation, it was determined the Jeep, operated by Erik Desch, age 30 of Sycamore, was traveling eastbound on IL Rte 64 just east of Interstate 39.
The U-Haul, operated by Chase Schott, age 21 of Monroe Center, was traveling westbound on IL Rte 64, crossed over the center yellow line, and entered the eastbound lane. The U-Haul then struck the Jeep on the driver’s side causing totaling damage and multiple airbag deployment for both vehicles.
The Jeep continued eastbound and exited the roadway entering the south ditch and came to rest facing west. The U-Haul continued into the south ditch and came to rest facing southwest approximately forty yards from the roadway.
Both Desch and Schott were transported to a nearby hospital for minor injuries.
Schott was taken into custody and cited for DUI-Combination of Alcohol and Drugs. Schott was also cited for Transporting Open Container of Alcohol, Improper Traffic Lane Usage, Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident, and Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle. Schott was released on a $3000.00/10% individual bond with a return court date.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Nothing is confirmed, unless it is stated otherwise. We try to confirm as much info as possible, before posting.
But due to the encryption and the lack of police transparency, it is extremely hard to get anything confirmed these days.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below. And you must agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.