After over 600 hours of training, Rockford Police officers will be equipped with Body-Worn Cameras on Monday, October 25th.
Nationwide, the use of body-worn cameras has become a best practice for police departments.
Law enforcement agencies are using body-worn cameras in different ways, including improvements in evidence collection, strengthening officer performance and accountability, enhancing transparency, better documentation of encounters between the police and the public, and assisting in the investigation of complaints.
Studies have shown that the presence of a body-worn camera has a positive effect on the behavior of both officers and citizens during encounters.
With such a large undertaking and new policies and procedures in place, the Rockford Police Department will be hosting three Body-Worn Camera Community Information Sessions:
Tuesday, October 19th Katie’s Cup 10:00am 502 7th Street
Wednesday, October 20th Beth Eden Methodist Church 6:30pm 3201 Huffman Blvd.
Tuesday, October 26th Empowering Word Christian Ctr. 6:00pm 4010 E. State Street
Illinois requires all residents to wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.