POSSESSION OF A STOLEN FIREARM:
On Saturday, September 4, 2021, at approximately 6:15 p.m.,
Rockford Police SCOPE officers observed a wanted subject outside of a residence in the 3500 block of Elm Street.
The subject fled on foot, but was taken into custody after a short foot chase.
During the investigation, officers located a loaded handgun, reported stolen out of Rockford.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the case and authorized the charges listed below.
Anthony Ewell, 20, Rockford Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, No Valid FOID, Possession of Stolen Firearm, Resisting Arrest, Outstanding Warrant for Contempt
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.