AGGRAVATED UNLAWFUL USE OF A WEAPON:
On September 6, 2021, at approximately 6:35 p.m.,
Rockford Police officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of 2800 Balsam Court.
During the stop, officers located and recovered a loaded gun and over 70 grams of marijuana.
The facts of the case were reviewed with the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office who authorized charges listed below.
Darion Wheeler, 18, Freeport
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon & Possession of Marijuana
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.