Update from the RPD:
Rockford Man Charged after Stand-Off on 12th Avenue ROCKFORD, Ill. – On Friday, October 8, 2021, at approximately 3:40 a.m., Rockford Police officers responded to a residence in the 1900 block of 12th Avenue for a report of a male and female arguing. Upon arrival, officers observed the individuals enter the residence. As officers approached the door to the house, they observed a handgun on the floor, in plain view, through the glass door. Officers were able to make contact with the female over the phone and she exited the residence. The adult male inside, identified as Marquall Meeks, exited the house a few hours later and was taken into custody and lodged in the County Jail.
During a follow-up investigation, officers located and recovered a handgun from inside the residence that matched the description of the gun observed through the door. After a review of the facts of the case, the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office authorized the following charges:
Marquall Meeks, 29, Rockford
Violation of Bail Bond
Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon
The charges are merely accusations and all individuals are considered innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law. If you have any information on this incident or others, please contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900, on Facebook (@RockfordIllinoisPoliceDepartment) or on Twitter (@RockfordPD). You can also leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
After we posted this, sources told us the possible alleged suspect in this incident is now in custody.
Rockford Police have not yet confirmed this, or released any information on the incident.
From Admin Will:
Many reports have come in about a stand off in the area of 12th Av and 16th St.
No details have been provided at this time.
Updates will be posted when they become available.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.