At 10:58 PM officers responded to a call for shots fired in the 7700 block of Venus Street. When officers arrived they found a female victim deceased from gunshot wounds. We are currently searching for the suspect. This was not a random act. No further information is available at this time but as the investigation progresses we will send out more information.
Sources are reporting a shooting victim in Winnebago County.
It happened around 11 pm near the 7700 block of Venus.
Reports of several gunshots that have been fired.
Sources said at least 1 person has been shot.
Sources have told us the victim has possibly passed away.
Not yet confirmed.
Sources told us the suspect fled in a Black Ford Escape with Tenn. plates.
Possible suspect is a black male, approx. 25 years old, 5’1, 120 lbs.
Last seen Southbound on Venus, from the scene.
Avoid the area.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.