First and foremost:
We want to thank the Cherry Valley Police chief Roy Bethge, for his transparency. Thank you.
On Monday, July 19, 2021, at 0124 hours,
Cherry Valley police were dispatched to the Days Inn hotel located at 220 South Lyford Road in Cherry Valley for an armed robbery in progress.
Officers arrived on scene, and it was reported a black male entered the business with a handgun and demanded cash from the night clerk. The suspect took U.S currency from the cash drawer and fled on foot. No shots were fired, and no one was injured.
The City of Rockford Police as well as the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Police responded to assist in the search for the suspect.
The suspect is described as a thin black male, average height, wearing a black hoodie with a black mask and gloves.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.