Police release information on a recent accident
On 09/11/21, at approximately 1300 hours, Deputies along with Byron Fire/EMS responded to a two vehicle accident in the 5000 block of N. River Road.
After conducting an investigation, Renee Felts, age 58 of Oregon, was discovered to be traveling southbound on River Road at a suspected high rate of speed.
Felts struck the rear end of a vehicle turning in front of her and continued approximately 1300 feet south before crashing into a tree and coming to rest.
Renee was transported to Swedish American Hospital where she was placed under arrest for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol.
Felts was also issued citations for Failure to Reduce Speed, Improper lane usage, No Seat belt, and No Valid Insurance.
Felts was admitted to the Hospital and received an I-bond with a future court date.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.