AGGRAVATED UNLAWFUL USE OF A WEAPON:
On Sunday, September 5, 2021, at approximately 1:05 a.m., Rockford Police SCOPE officers were in the area of 320 Kent Street (Aragona Club) when they were flagged down by security.
Security advised that a subject in a dark-colored sedan drove by and displayed a handgun.
A short time later, officers located the vehicle and recovered four loaded handguns inside.
While officers were conducting the traffic stop, an individual, later identified as James Gaston, walked up to the vehicle and after further investigation, was identified as the subject with the gun.
Gaston was taken into custody and lodged in the County Jail.
The facts of the case were reviewed with the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office who authorized charges listed below.
James Gaston, 32, Rockford
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, No valid FOID, Resisting Arrest
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.