AGGRAVATED UNLAWFUL USE OF A WEAPON:
On Sunday, September 7, 2021, at approximately 4:45 a.m.,
Rockford Police officers responded to the 1300 block of Chestnut Street for reports of shots fired.
Upon arrival, officers observed a pick-up truck leave the area at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle, reported stolen out of Belvidere, was found abandoned near the above address and the suspect, later identified as Nicholas Maxey, fled on foot, but was located after a brief foot chase.
Officers were able to locate and recover three loaded guns, one with an extended magazine.
Maxey was taken into custody and lodged in the County Jail.
The facts of the case were reviewed with the Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office who authorized charges listed below.
Nicholas Maxey, 22, Rockford
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon (2 counts), Resisting Arrest, Outstanding Lee County Warrant
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.