On August 1, 2021, at approximately 3:30 pm., Officers from the DeKalb Police Department responded to Walmart in reference to a report of disorderly juveniles who refused to leave the store.
Officers learned that the disorderly juveniles were swearing at employees and suspected of stealing. Officers identified the juveniles and told them that they needed to leave the store. The juveniles argued with the officers about the reason why they were being told to leave the store. The juveniles left the store after being advised that they would be arrested if they did not leave.
Approximately 1 ½ hours later, the juveniles returned to Walmart. Store employees advised the juveniles that they were not allowed in the store.
One of the juveniles pulled out pepper spray and began spraying pepper spray in the store.
Several employees and customers were sprayed with the pepper spray.
The juveniles fled from the store and were later arrested in the Lowes parking lot.
The female juvenile offenders were arrested for Criminal Trespass and Battery.
The juvenile offenders are both from DeKalb, ages 12 and 11 years old
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.