On Friday, September 10, 2021, at approximately 7:05 p.m., Rockford Police SCOPE officers were in the area of 1500 13th Street and as they were about to initiate a traffic stop on a vehicle, the vehicle made a turn and officers observed the front passenger exit the vehicle and walked toward a residence.
The subject, later identified as Jynnqweez Houston, ran from officers, but was taken into custody a short time later.
During the investigation, a Rockford Police K9 located a loaded gun with a drum magazine.
The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and authorized the charges listed below. Jynnqweez Houston, 19, Rockford Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon & No FOID
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.