Sources are reporting some water pipes broke at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church on 20th st.
RS source Shelly Dale sent us a video (posted below)
and said earlier today there was water shooting out of the doors of the church, and the whole back field was flooded.
A cold snap is likely Wednesday night through Friday with wind chills stuck at or below zero.
Bundle up if heading outdoor this week, especially if at night!
A warm up is poised to arrive this weekend.
Strong winds will arrive tonight and last through Wednesday.
Move any loose objects from the outdoors to indoors.
Any falling snow with the wind will also lead to low visibility, particularly north of Interstate 80 and in open areas.
A cold front will roar through tomorrow leading to strong west winds,
falling temps, and areas of blowing and drifting snow (especially in open and rural areas).
The combination of all three will lead to slick spots on roads. Take it slow on ice and snow!
Be sure to dress in multiple layers including a warm hat and limit times outdoors at night when temperatures will be coldest.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY... * WHAT...Hazardous road conditions due to strong west winds, falling temperatures, a burst of snow, and blowing snow expected. * WHERE...Portions of north central and northeast Illinois. * WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to 6 PM CST Wednesday. * IMPACTS...Hazardous travel conditions are expected to develop in open areas, particularly late tonight into Wednesday. Pockets of near white out conditions could develop along north south roads where unobstructed western exposure allows snow to blow across the roadway. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds will gust as high as 45 to 50 mph Wednesday morning into the mid afternoon. Snow showers Wednesday morning could further exacerbate the hazardous road conditions and poor visibility issues. Wind chills will drop below zero by daybreak Wednesday. Consider postponing unnecessary travel in rural and outlying areas. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Nothing is confirmed, unless it is stated otherwise. We try to confirm as much info as possible, before posting.
But due to the encryption and the lack of police transparency, it is extremely hard to get anything confirmed these days.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below. And you must agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.