Mchenry County Sheriff Office
On Tuesday, January 11, at approximately 1:22 a.m. deputies responded to a call for domestic violence in the 200 block of Manchester Lane in Port Barrington.
Upon their arrival, the suspect opened fire on the deputies and an adult female on scene.
Deputies returned fire, striking the suspect.
The female sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to Advocate Condell Hospital.
The deputies were not injured.
The suspect was pronounced dead on scene.
This was an isolated incident and there is no threat to the general public.
This incident will be investigated by the Major Investigation Assistance Team (MIAT).
A press release will be shared once more information is available
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate.
If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- Sources: If the source is not listed above, then that means the source wanted to remain anonymous.
- Nothing is confirmed, unless it is stated otherwise. We try to confirm as much info as possible, before posting.
But due to the encryption and the lack of police transparency, it is extremely hard to get anything confirmed these days.
- All our information is for entertainment purposes only.
- If something is not posted, then we are probably not aware of it. Email us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
- You must read all our terms and services and the disclaimers below. And you must agree to all of them. If not, then leave.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.