On 08-17-21 a Janesville resident reported his vehicle had been stolen.
On 08-18-21 the same vehicle, a Mitsubishi Outlander, was reported to be following an Amazon delivery truck trying to steal packages after they were delivered.
Around 11:45 a.m. Janesville Officers located and attempted to stop the vehicle.
The vehicle fled and the pursuit was terminated by the officer due to safety concerns for the community.
Around 5:30 p.m., officers from the Janesville Police Department Street Crimes Unit located the vehicle driving near E. Centerway St. / N. Parker Dr. They followed the vehicle covertly until it parked in a parking lot at S. Main St. / E. Racine St. Officers were able to block the vehicle in with a squad and take the suspect, Patrick Ryan, into custody without incident.
A search of the vehicle resulted in locating several stolen items from Janesville and the surrounding Rock County area.
Several of the items have been linked to victims, but officers are currently trying to locate other victims of the remaining property.
Patrick Ryan is currently on probation and was just released on 08-13-21 after he posted a $1000 cash bond.
Patrick had been in custody at the Rock County Jail since 05-16-21 when he was arrested for similar offenses.
For this incident, Patrick was arrested for OWI, Fleeing an Officer, Operating a Motor Vehicle Without Owners Consent, Receiving Stolen Property, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Bail Jumping and a Probation Violation. The investigation is still on going which will likely result in further property crime charges.
Patrick was transported to the Rock County Jail pending his initial court appearance.
Patrick J. Ryan
46 year old male
Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated
Fleeing an Officer
Operating a Motor Vehicle Without Owners Consent
Receiving Stolen Property
Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
9 counts of Bail Jumping
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.