Bicyclist Hit on Broadway and 18th
ROCKFORD, Ill. – On Wednesday, August 11, 2021, at approximately 4:20 a.m., Rockford Police
officers responded to the intersection of Broadway and 18th Street for a report of a bicyclist hit by
a car. Upon arrival, officers located a 56-year-old male lying in the roadway in front of the
vehicle. The driver of the car remained at the scene and placed the 911 call for assistance. The
driver advised that as he was heading eastbound on Broadway, the bicyclist crossed directly in
front of him, heading northbound on 18th Street. The bicyclist was transported to a local hospital
for life-threatening injuries and is listed in critical condition at this time.
If you have any further information on this incident or others, please contact the Rockford Police
Department at 815-966-2900,
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.