We want to thank the Loves Park PD for being transparent,
and the citizens who reported the scene to us. Thank You both.
Several sources were reporting a possible shooting incident in Loves Park on Saturday.
Loves Park Police Department released the following information on the incident:
On Saturday, July 10, at approximately 4:18 PM,
Loves Park Patrol Officers responded to the 4900 block of N. Second St. to investigate gun shots.
It was reported that a black Jeep and black SUV, were traveling northbound on N. 2nd St. and that occupants of one of the vehicles began shooting at the other vehicle.
Both vehicles made a U-turn at Sydney Ave. (Near Woodward) and proceeded back southbound into Rockford.
The black Jeep has since been recovered in Rockford and was determined to have been stolen out of Chicago.
No arrests have been made as of this time.
Loves Park Detectives are investigating the case.
If you have any information, please contact the LPPD
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.