Recently the Rockford police chief candidates held a forum, During that forum, they were asked several questions. One of those questions was about un-encrypting the airwaves.
Before we post the answers below. (Scroll down to read their responses)
They keep saying they want to remain encrypted, for “officer safety”
BEFORE ENCRYPTION: 15 years WITHOUT an officer hurt or seriously injured. The last officer killed, was Detective Rice. All these years un-encrypted, no officers were killed after Detective Rice.
AFTER ENCRYPTION: 3 officer hurt, 2 of them are dead.
Radios been encrypted for approx 5 years now.
HOW IS THAT “SAFE” FOR OFFICERS???
You can watch the full forum at ~ CLICK HERE
Note: Click on the responses below (links), to watch the video of their responses.
- Rockford Police Deputy Chief Kurt Whisenand, he was NOT going to unencrypt, for “officer safety”
- Rockford Assistant Deputy Chief Carla Redd-Miller, she was NOT going to unencrypt, for “officer safety”
- Former Chicago Police Lieutenant Jonathan Lewin, would like to talk to both the police and public before making any changes
- Schaumburg Police Commander Larry Lapp, said he was open to opening up the radios, just not the tac channels (ex:swat)
The only candidate that was open, to opening the radios is Larry Lapp
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.