AGGRAVATED DISCHARGE OF A WEAPON:
On Thursday, September 2, 2021, at approximately 6:10 p.m., Rockford Police officers responded to the 700 block of Lee Street for a report of shots fired.
Upon arrival, officers located multiple spent shell casings and observed two unoccupied vehicles struck by gunfire.
During the investigation, officers learned that a dark-colored sedan fired shots into a group of juveniles gathered in that area.
Rockford Police SCOPE officers later stopped a vehicle for traffic violations in the area of Overdene and Huffman Boulevard.
The vehicle matched the description of the vehicle in the above incident.
Officers located a loaded gun, ammunition and MDMA (Ecstasy) pills inside the vehicle. The Winnebago County State’s Attorney’s Office reviewed the facts of the case and authorized the charges listed below.
Juvenile, 15, Rockford
Armed Violence Unlawful Use of a Weapon Possession of a Controlled Substance Possession of Ammunition Aggravated Discharge of a Weapon (4 counts) Criminal Damage to Vehicle (2 counts)
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.