NWS Says A “Confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado” had touched down near Woodridge
Calling it a “life-threatening situation,” the National Weather Service announced Sunday night that a “confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado” had touched down near Woodridge, causing damage to several communities.
According to trained weather spotters, multiple reports of damage have come in from Woodridge, with debris reported scattered across Interstate 355 and power lines and structures suffering heavy damage in the suburb.
Rotation has weakened in the storm as it moves through the area, but a tornado warning remains in effect in south-central Cook County until 11:45 p.m.
Is that an explosion or fire in Darien / Woodridge Illinois? pic.twitter.com/eyQY53n2Q1
— Sarah (@SarahDanger0us) June 21, 2021
OHare Airport has several cancelations.
3 People injured near Naperville.
Reports of structure damages, gas leaks, possible structure collapses.
— Mike Saccone (@mikesacconetv) June 21, 2021
— Lincoln Peckenpaugh (@LincolnPeckenp1) June 21, 2021
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.