From the city of Rockford
HOW TO RECOGNIZE CITY WATER DIVISION WORKERS:
We’ve recently received a couple of complaints from citizens reporting that people claiming to be from the City’s Water Division have been trying to gain access into homes.
These citizens recognized warning signs that these people may not be who they state they are and did not let them into their homes.
Here’s what you should look for to verify a person is indeed from the City of Rockford Water Division:
1. Staff will always be driving a clearly marked City of Rockford vehicle.
2. Staff will always wear a City Identification Badge and will readily present it for closer inspection if asked.
3. City Contractors working on the lead service line replacement program will have a City Contractor Identification Badge and will readily present it for closer inspection if asked.
If you are suspicious, you can call 779-348-7300 to confirm the worker is legitimate. If you feel threatened, please call the police.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.