Fire and Police Commission Update
ROCKFORD, Ill. – The Fire and Police Commission will be hosting two Moderated Virtual Community Question and Answer Forums – one for the Police Chief position and one for the Fire Chief position – at the end of July/early August. IOS, the consulting firm hired to help the Commission with the hiring process, will be running these virtual forums via a web platform.
These forums offer members of the public the opportunity to ask Police Chief and Fire Chief candidates questions about their backgrounds and plans for the department if they are hired.
IOS is asking community members to submit questions to the email addresses listed below by midnight on July 22, 2021. IOS will compile these questions and present them to the candidates during the live, virtual forums.
Fire Chief: RockfordFD@iosolutions.com
Police Chief: RockfordPD@iosolutions.com
Dates and times of these forums will be announced once confirmed with candidates and commissioners.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.