On 08/28/21 at approximately 0218 hours Ogle County Deputies responded to the report of a one vehicle motorcycle accident with injuries located in the 3000 block of N. Mulford Rd. A passerby driving through the area observed a motorcycle on its side in the east ditch and then called 911 to report the accident. Monroe Center Fire Department/Ambulance, Lynn-Scott-Rock Fire Department/Ambulance, Stillman Valley Ambulance, and Life Flight helicopter were all dispatched to the scene.
After an on scene investigation it was learned that a gray 2017 Victory motorcycle, driven by 32 year old Andrew J. Smith of Creston, was southbound in the 3000 block of N. Mulford Rd. While southbound on Mulford Rd. the motorcycle drove in to the northbound lane and then left the roadway in the east ditch while approaching a curve. Smith was ejected from the motorcycle in the east ditch. Smith was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Ogle County Coroner was called to the scene and took possession of the body. Maggio’s towing was contacted and removed the motorcycle from the scene.
This accident remains under investigation.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.