Rockford, IL – Cycle on 2nd St., a downtown community event will take place Sunday, September 12th, 2021 from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Roadways around the event area will be closed at 7:00 a.m.
Traffic will be impacted as follows:
Southbound N. 2nd St. (IL 251) will be completely closed for vehicular traffic from the Auburn/Spring Creek interchange south to E. State St.
Side streets intersecting with N. 2nd St. will not be allowed access to southbound N. 2nd St.
Police traffic control will located along the route, specifically at the intersection of N. 2nd St and Y Blvd. and Jefferson St. (US BUS 20) and S. 2nd St. (IL 251) to allow periodic traffic through as needed
A marked detour route will be posted for those traveling south on 2nd St. (IL 251) 2nd St. will re-open for regular traffic by 10:30 a.m.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.