ENGINEERING DIVISION MAINTENANCE UPDATE
IDOT PROJECT ROAD CLOSURE
Rockford, IL- The 20th Street Bridge will remain closed for replacement until
completion of the project in late October.
Stage 1 of the project has been completed and as of July 26th the final stage of the project has begun. The closure limits for 20th Street are from Sandy Hollow Road to Samuelson Road. All appropriate traffic control
measures and marked detour routes are in place to direct traffic around the
construction. Local traffic only will be permitted. Further updates will be provided as
Completion is set for October 2021. The new 20th Street Bridge will include a multi-
use path that will allow pedestrians and bicyclists to safely cross the bridge. The
structure will also provide lateral clearance for a future third lane in each direction on
US 20. Sjostrom and Sons, Inc. of Rockford is the IDOT contractor for the project.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.