Driver Arrested for 6th Offense OWI after Pursuit
On July 25, 2021 at about 4:00 a.m. Janesville Police Officers were dispatched to a hit and run that had just occurred in the 300 block of S. Jackson St.
An officer happened to be in the area and began looking for the suspect vehicle. The officer saw a vehicle southbound on Jackson St and in the darkness appeared to be leaving a fluid trail.
As the officer got behind this vehicle it began speeding away so a traffic stop was initiated to investigate this vehicle’s possible involvement.
The suspect vehicle failed to stop and sped away from the officer. A pursuit was initiated and the suspect driver continually drove around and through the trailer park between S. Jackson Street and Beloit Avenue.
After about five minutes and speeds up to 55 miles per hour, the driver made a turn onto a dead end street. The officer boxed the car in, ending the pursuit.
The driver arrested was identified as Alexandra Kjell from Janesville. A check on her driving status showed she has a revoked driving status with 5 prior convictions for OWI.
The officers detected the odor of intoxicants on Kjell’s breath and she displayed signs of impairment during field sobriety tests. She was subsequently arrested for 6th offense OWI and numerous other traffic offenses.
Toxicology results are pending and she was taken to the Rock County Jail.
Kjell’s vehicle was not the one involved in the original hit and run.
Arrested: Alexandra A. Kjell (25 years of age) Janesville
Charged: OWI 6th offense
Fleeing/eluding and officer
Operating after revocation
Operation without interlock devise
Pursuant to the directive of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3:6 Trial Publicity, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.