On 8/8/2021, at approximately 1:11 am, officers responded for a report a person with a gun in the 900 block of Spiros Ct.
On arrival, officers heard gunfire and called for additional units. The first officer on scene saw an individual with a handgun pointed at other subjects.
That officer ordered the offender to stop. The offender did not comply, and the officer fired one shot from their pistol.
The offender was not struck and immediately ran from the area.
The officer pursued the offender and took him into custody after a short foot pursuit. Officers recovered the offender’s handgun a few feet away from where he was taken into custody. The offender was processed and taken to the DeKalb County Jail awaiting bond.
This investigation is on-going.
The investigation into the officer involved shooting is being conducted by the Illinois State Police. The officer involved is on administrative leave.
The DeKalb Police Department was assisted by the Northern Illinois University Police Department, DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, Sycamore Police Department, and the Illinois State Police.
Dante Ormond 30 years of age
Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Unlawful Possession of a Weapon by a Felon
Resisting a Peace Officer
Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.