City Of Rockford Hiding More Crime?
By Denying More Of Our Freedom Of Information Act Requests
For Copies Of Police Reports
We filed a Freedom Of Information Act request for a copy of a police report on a couple of scenes. Rockford Police one again DENIED our Freedom Of Information Act request, saying “Pending Investigation”
We have talked to several FOIA lawyers and they told us the City of Rockford is being unlawful with these FOIA denials. Because a police report would not interfere with a criminal investigation.
And that they feel the City of Rockford is hiding their crime statistics.
They also told us, the police are supposed to approve copies of police reports, and redact any information they do not want public.
The City of Rockford chooses to flat out deny our FOIA requests, and still continues to do so.
We sound like a broken record, but SO MUCH FOR POLICE TRANSPARENCY
To all of you saying Rockford Scanner should get information, before posting things.
Look at this, we are trying. And yet the police are being non transparent.
So please explain how someone can confirm something, if police are silent?
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.