CITY OF ROCKFORD FIRE FLOW TESTING
ROCKFORD, IL. – The City of Rockford will begin its annual fire flow testing program on Monday, September 13, 2021.
Flow testing occurs Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The City of Rockford implements a fire flow testing program annually to ensure that our fire hydrants flow with adequate pressure in the event of a fire.
Customers are advised that they may experience discolored water during flow testing.
While not a health hazard, flushing iron (red water) or manganese (black water) may become stirred up within the main which may create staining on porcelain and laundry.
This work may result in the disturbance of sediment, possibly containing lead.
It is recommended that customers flush their water lines for 1 – 2 minutes once work is completed in their area including removing and cleaning faucet aerator screens to remove sediment.
We anticipate that this program will last for approximately 6 weeks.
Water quality questions and concerns may be directed to the Water Quality Section at 779-348-7151.
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.