City Of Rockford DENIES Another FOIA Request….
Trying To Hide Crime???
Note: We have had 17 FOIA lawyers all tell us there is absolutely NO reason a FOIA officer should deny a FOIA request for a simple police report.
If they deny it, they would use the excuse “open investigation” even though the police reports clearly would not interfere with an investigation, according to the FOIA lawyers.
And they told us that the City of Rockford was probably trying to hide their crime from the community. What do you think???
Yet again, the City Of Rockford DENIES a Freedom Of Information Act request from RS.
This was for the police report for the shooting on Forest View.
We are going to file an appeal and we are going to start pushing these appeals with the State of Illinois.
Also, it gave us an opportunity to work the next story, that I will be posting about shortly.
So now the question poses: How much crime is the city of Rockford really hiding from the community?
Radio encryption, FOIA denials on police reports, etc…
SO MUCH FOR THAT TRANSPARENCY THEY PROMISED THE PUBLIC…
- All parties involved are innocent, until proven guilty in a court of law.
- We can only provide information that IS provided to us.
- As you know, the local police encrypted and are not transparent.
- Some information may not be accurate. If there are any errors please let us know so we can try to possibly correct the errors.
- Several people have asked questions, and we have tried to answer as many as possible on our FAQ page.
- You can follow us on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook.