Many have been asking us what the best police scanner there is on the market right now.
Our opinion: Hands down, it is the Uniden SDS200
It has excellent receiving audio, easy to program (put the zip code in and what you want to hear and your set to listen) , records the audio, many customization features, tone outs, decoding, discovery mode, system monitoring, etc… Plus way much more. This is hands down the best police scanner on the market! Rockford Scanner personally recommends this police scanner!
Click the links below to check out the police scanners. The top 3 based on our opinions.
Be sure to click the links and read up on each one!
The Bearcat SDS200 has all the same high-performance features as the handheld SDS100 scanner plus much more. Larger base. Increase frequency range. True I/Q receiver, TrunkTracker X technology which provides the best digital decode performance in the scanner industry. Direct ethernet connectivity for streaming and control. Complete USA/Canada radio database. Location control for simple operation and a large 3.5” customizable color display. Free Sentinel software keeps the scanner up to date for as long as you have the scanner.
Add the optional CB-GPSK to automatically select nearby channels from its nationwide database.
Database includes known analog as well as digital channels so all you have to do is drive and listen.
- 3.5″ Customizable Color Display
- 1.5X Din-E (180 mm x 75 mm) chassis
- Ext. Sp. Jack
- Auxiliary USB Type A jack for future expansion
- Ethernet connectivity for remote streaming and control*
- Trunktracker X
- APCO P25 Phase I and II
- Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunking
- MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +**
- DMR Tier III**
- Hytera XPT**
- Single-Channel DMR**
- NXDN 4800 and 9600**
- EDACS ProVoice**
- Location-Based Scanning
- USA/Canada Radio Database
- ZIP Code Selection for Easy Setup
- GPS Connectivity for simple mobile operation
- Close Call™ RF Capture with Do Not Disturb
- 8 GB micro SD
- Soft Keys for Intelligent UI
- Recording, Playback, and Replay
- Temporary Avoid
- Fire Tone-Out Alert
- System Analysis and Discovery
- CTCSS/DCS/NAC/RAN/Color Code Decoding
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
- Enhanced Dynamic Memory
- Preemptive Trunking Priority
- Multi-Site System Scanning
- Fully Customizable Scanning with your own Favorites Lists
- Backlit Keypad
- Channel Volume Offset
- PC Programming and Control
- USB Connectivity
- Weekly Database Updates
- Free Sentinel Software keeps the SDS200 database and memory up to date
- Frequency Coverage:
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 895-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
* Additional or 3rd-Party software may be required.
** Paid upgrades required for DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice monitoring
Sources: Uniden and Amazon
If you have information on this, you can contact us at RockfordScanner@Gmail.com
We will keep you anonymous.
If you do not want to contact the police directly, you can contact us and we will relay your information to the proper agencies if needed, and keep you anonymous. http://rockfordscanner.com/contact-us/
Disclaimer: As you know the local police have encrypted, have not released any information, etc…
They rarely ever do release information to the public, since encrypting. So do not expect any updates.
The information that is posted was provided to us via various sources. So we can not guarantee the accuracy of this article.
We can only provide you the information that IS provided to us. If police and/or officials do release information, we will try to update this.
If you know of any corrections or errors, please contact us.
This is for entertainment purposes only.